NEW: Applications for AY 2013-2014 are only available on Sakai. Please join the Sakai site “Oldenborg Room Draw” and follow the instructions. Applicants from any of the 5Cs can join this site.
- Open to rising Pomona sophomores, juniors, and seniors.*
- Proof of one year of college-level coursework, or equivalent, in the target language.
- Endorsement from a relevant language faculty member.
- Essay demonstrating interest in the section of choice. Available sections are: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, and Swahili.
*5C students may apply, but should consult additional information available on the Sakai site.
- Monday, February 18: Oldenborg Room Draw information and applications available on Sakai.
- Tuesday, March 5: Room Draw Info Session, 12:00 noon, Oldenborg Dining Hall.
- Friday, March 15: Room Draw Applications due.
- Monday, April 8: Room Draw Numbers come out.
- Thursday, April 11: Oldenborg Room Draw, 5:30 p.m., Glass Room, Oldenborg Center.
Language recommendation forms available to students on the Sakai site and HERE
Fall 2013 Room Draw map. Please click on the map to view full version.
Annual award made to student(s) who has demonstrated exemplary Oldenborg citizenship during the academic year of residence here.
• Oldenborg resident for two semesters
• Satisfaction of all requirements of Oldenborg student resident agreement in both
• Additional notable service of some kind to Oldenborg community
Examples: assisting language residents with language hall events; service as OLC student chair, Table Mentor, or Language Fellow; participation in events that promote Oldenborg to other individuals and groups (special lunches, meetings, etc.)
• Interest in continuing engagement with foreign languages and cultures
• Student in good standing (academically and personal conduct/Student Life) • Pleasant and positive nature that spreads goodwill among our community.
Nominations: Candidates must be nominated in order to be considered for the award. Nominations can be made by:
• Oldenborg Language Residents
• Oldenborg students
• Oldenborg housekeeping, dining hall, and Campus Life (RA) staff.
Nominations should include specific mention of how the candidate meets one or more of the above eligibility requirements. Nominations should be made in writing and indicate the nature of the relationship to the nominee (friend, suitemate, conversation class student, etc.). Please address nominations to the Director at Oldenborg@pomona.edu and write “Oldenborg Spirit Award” in the subject line. Nominations are due Friday, May 3, at noon.
Decisions will be made by a committee formed by the Oldenborg Director. Awards will be announced at the Closing Lunch in May.
(Inaugural year 2013; prize is $100)
Please note the following closures:
-OLDENBORG DINING HALL: Friday, March 15- Oldenborg’s dining hall will be CLOSED due to preparations for Passover and Oldenborg’s Kosher Kitchen week…combined with Frank Dining’s Friday closure this academic year. Due to spring recess, it will also be CLOSED Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22 will reopen Monday, March 25 with the regular schedule.
-LANGUAGE FELLOW PROGRAM: Tutoring hours will be CLOSED Friday, March 15-Sunday, March 24 and will reopen Monday, March 25.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (909) 621-8018.
The Oldenborg Staff
This talk has been cancelled due to an emergency and will be rescheduled. Details TBA.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
- The Oldenborg Staff